Diamond Watchman Goby and Tiger Watchman Goby

reefnoob

Reefing newb
I have a diamond watchman goby right now and it's doing great. Could I add a Tiger Watchman Goby without having any compatibility issues? My tank is considerably bigger than their reccomended tank size, so I was thinking I could possibly get away with it, even though they both occupy the same niche.

It just depends on your established goby and how territorial it is. If introduced at the same time your odds would be higher but that isn't an option. I wouldn't try it but good luck if you decide to do it.

How would you classify territorial? My goby has its own burrow, but doesn't really do anything when other fish swim close by. But it is able to fight for it's own food.

How would you classify territorial? My goby has its own burrow, but doesn't really do anything when other fish swim close by. But it is able to fight for it's own food.
It will act differently with another goby in the tank. You just never know how agressive or territorial they will become with each other.

Hit or miss, I was nervous when I added my Yellow Watchman with my Diamond. I got lucky, and they haven't paid each other any mind. The Diamond was about 4" and the yellow watchman was about 3/4" when I got him. He's about 1.5" now and still no aggression. I got lucky with a pretty mellow tempered one :Cheers:

Back