Diamond Watchman jumped out

cam2fst4u

Reefing newb
Well.... I got another fish yesterday..brought it home and acclimated it. It was doing fine. The other fish were curious when it was added but left it alone after a few minutes... Right now I have 3 damsels some blue and red leg hermits some turbo snails and some astrea snails..and 2 pepermint shrimp. water is great everything is 0ppm. I even did a water change before getting the fish just to be on the safe side. Turn the light on this morn and start looking and couldn't find it. Look on the floor and there it is. Why would it do this? Everything is doing fine and like I said before the water parameters are fine... The only thing I can think would be maybe the shrimp got a lil too close to it and scared it at night and caused it to jump.. thanks for any input

Sorry about the loss.
Anything could have startled they lil guy.I've seem them jump when the lights got turned out.

Those fish suck. That's why it jumped.

I bought one once. First night in my tank, he jumped. Found him crispy in the morning. So I bought another one to replace him. First night in the tank, that one jumped, a copy cat of the first fish. I posthumously named them Tard and Re-Tard.

They are known to be some of the worst fish as far as jumping out of the tank goes. Which sucks because they're so pretty. I would never get another one unless my tank had a glass top. And my tank will never have a glass top, so that's one fish I will be avoiding.

Sorry about your loss, but there's probably just nothing you could have done. Those fish get all spastic and swim up and down against the tank glass at a hundred miles a hour, usually for no reason. Don't know why. And they're fast. I've had them jump out of my Red Sea when I'm adding RO water. I love the fish but they are limiting.

Try a bullet goby. I have one and that`s all they do is sift.

bulletgoby.jpg

in a 30 gallon tank a pair of twin spot gobies would do well. Just make sure they are eating at the LFS before bringing them home.

or as melosu mentioned bullet goby (dragon goby)

Back