Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Lite

CDaubs

Reefing newb
:p Aren't these smilies a gas??

Anyway, I'm getting my tank back up to speed after a period of inactivity (see my post in the intro section). My tank and equipment is about 6 years old and is all in good working order. I just replaced all of my lights and the equipment upgrades are next.

So I was looking around and found this - Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Lite. Here is a web site link: Reef Keeper Lite L1 - Digital Aquatics - English

If I read this correctly this will replace my 2 power strips, power all 4 of my lights, my 3 Koralia power heads, my main pump, protien skimmer, phosphate reactor, heater and maybe more.

Anybody use this or anything similar?? Awaiting your feedback and recommendations. Because you guys rock! :bowdown:

Thanks,
Charlie

Have it. Love it.
Each PC4 (power strip) has 4 outlets on it.
It will power everything you want it to, and control a lot of it.
For instance, it will control your heater. If your heater sticks and the water gets too hot it will cut power to the heater. If the water still is too hot it will turn fans on, or turn your lights off, or start your chiller or whatever action you program it to do. Want to turn off 2 of your powerheads and the main system pump during feeding? Program those items to go off during "standby mode". When you are ready to feed, hit two buttons on the control panel and you are now in standby mode. Your powerheads and pump will turn off and automatically turn back on again after the time you specified.
I also have the ph/orp module. Love being able to instantly see ph on the control panel. The RKL also comes with the iTemp probe.

It really is pretty badass. :D

And for 100 bucks you cant complain either!!!! Ive spent half that much money on power strips that dont do half as much. I am currently saving up for one of those.

Your equipment plugs into the PC4. Which is basically a fancy powerstrip.
These PC4s plug into your wall.
The control panel plugs into the side of the PC4 using a type of telephone cable.
The PC4s also hook to each other by the same kind of cable, as does the PH/ORP unit.

Thank you Dennis! When I have looked at them in the past I have only seen the controller, so I was DUH confused. I think I could handle one of these things after all.

Well, with that I'm sold!! :^:

Thanks for the info and feedback Dennis. I was thinking it would be the cat's meow. Time to start saving.

He is just getting all the money from his Yurba Mate endorsment:mrgreen:

If you want to go all out, get the ReefKeeper Elite. I think they are like 4-500 but do a lot more. I am just saving up the 100 for the RKL1 and a couple PC4's

I'm just running the one block right now.Its controlling my lights along with the heating and cooling of the tank.

Back