Digital Thermometers

NewbReefer

Reefing newb
Thought i would share this thread from ReefCentral.

Digital Thermometers

I use a digital thermometer but i also have a glass one that i've had in my tank ever since my digital one ran outta batteries tell i could replace em i just never took it out, cause they read a bit different and i figured 2 is better than 1 :D

The thread says its just the corallife ones that suck so pay some extra cash for a good one thats all.

Corallife sells a lot of entry level junk under their name. No strong offense meant Wallys World or K Mart, but that is where the pet sections are in which most Corallife products should be sold. Put their thermometers right up there with their digital timer.

Wally World = Walmart.

I have a digital thermometer on my tank constantly, one of the sticky strip ones on my sump, and if something seems out of whack, I triple check it with a glass thermometer that I keep on hand. I would strongly recommend that everyone keep at least two on hand at all times. I have had glass ones misread in the past too.

I have a nice Pinpoint wireless that was sent to me without charge with an order I made for a Pinpoint Calcium monitor. It works so well that I ordered three additional wireless thermometer sensors to go with it. It recieves a signal through my apartment floor into a garage below where I have a water storage tank for RO water. Plus a monitor for a display tank, a quarantine tank and a tank forpremixed water. I also have a food grade digital thermometer for checks on the Pinpoint. The pinpoint is pricey and I probably would not have ordered one without knowing someone else who tried them out first. $37 plus $20 for each additional wireless sensor. Will work for four different sites/aquariums. Only runs on batteries though, they are not wire for transformer adapters like all other Pinpoint monitors.

Back