Dipped Picasso Trigger

Piper106

Reefing newb
I've had a Picasso Trigger in quarantine tank for 6 days. On day 3 I noticed the ICH. It was so bad this morning that I'd had enough and freshwater dipped him. Six hours later there is no sign of ICH and he's swimming and eating better than he was a week ago!! My question is, before I set up the QT, I added a Foxface to my display tank. He's always had two spots on his body. I read somewhere that you can't dip a venomous fish. Does anyone know if this is true?

I haven't heard this. But keep in mind, a freshwater dip does not cure ich. It may give temporary relief, but there is still ich in his body and in the tank.

Oh I know....lol. He was just looking soo bad and I didn't want to have a Picasso funeral. Hes going to stay in QT for 6 more weeks. Just to be sure. I have nothing but time.....

To answer your question; yes you can dip the Foxface.

At the LFS I help at, we give ALL new fish a 3 to 5 minute dip in a solution of freshwater and Quick Cure. The only fish that don't get dipped are Wrasses and Dragonets.

I am not sure why you want to catch him up and dip him. The dips are not curative and it sounds like he is doing fine anyways.

Plus, you still have ich in the system unless you properly QT all your fish and leave your DT fishless for at least 12 weeks.

Back