Disappearing Livestock- Whos the killer?

dkonni

Reefing newb
I added a relatively Large Damsel about 3 weeks ago to my tank which already had 2 smaller damsels and 2 Clownfish... and all of a sudden the Large damsel went missing. There's no way it could have jumped out or gotten sucked up my filter, it's just way to large, and I checked all around the tank....It's like this Damsel discovered the ability to teleport.

I have also had a number of relatively large Snails be killed off. I have a Cleaner Shrimp, big Halloween Hermit Crab, and an emerald crab. Could any of these guys be killing my snails or the Damsel too? I looked at the marine compatibility chart and they all seemed to get along but with my Damsel gone and my Snails dying off, there's a killer in the tank and I am having trouble identifying it.

It really could be any of the damsels or clowns. They are all very aggressive, not only towards fish but towards anything in their territories. Usually one or two damsels are enough to terrorize everyone else in the tank.

I havent heard any clicking..what would it suggest?

One is a True Percula Clownfish and the other is an Ocellaris Clownfish.

halloween hermit might be eating the snails. Anyone else's guess is probably better than mine as far as the other stuff.

Back