Discussing my tank with you ... what do you think ??

Discussion in 'Fish Tanks' started by minajaguar, Oct 26, 2012.

1. minajaguar

minajaguar

I have a 30 gallon Nano tank with live rocks running for about 4 months and cycled well
    Ammonia=0
    nitrite= 0
    Live rocks + protein skimmer
    no other filtration equipments
    For my nitrate =10 - 25 mg/l , i got a nitrate filter (anaerobe cultivating system) and preparing it now for doing its job.
    i am putting all this equipments in tank ... No sump

what do you think about all this system ????
    and if i succeed to lower nitrates to 0 ... anything else i have to take in consideration .... ???

wish list ::: anemones +crabs+clowns+dwarf angels
    i have anemones now and crabs (suffering from high nitrates)

minajaguar, Oct 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. minajaguar

Kelz88 Got Reef?

Yikes! it may be too soon for nems, they need an environment that new tanks just do not have. Most would tell you wait a year. For the trates i would just up your water changes and make sure the water change water doesnt have any in it.

Also in a 30 gallon i would stick to one dwarf angel. Any more in a small tank like that would probably result in the loss of one if not both :/ Two clowns (not maroons or tomatoes, the tank may be too small for their aggression) and a dwarf angel would be perfect though.

Kelz88, Oct 26, 2012
    minajaguar likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. minajaguar

G_Beck_87

+1 kelz don't over stock, this would be a big mistake seeing clowns can be aggressive and with a small cube fish just have no where to go and get very territorial. since i switched from my 55 to my 29 cube i've lost 2 fish due to this. Save yourself money and headaches and keep it simple. As far as the anems go your gunna wanna wait awhile, your tank is still very new and your params can fluctuate a lot in the beginning which will not go well for them.

G_Beck_87, Oct 26, 2012
  4. minajaguar

Bifferwine I am a girl

It may be impossible to get your nitrates down to zero. Few people manage to do that! Less than 10 is a good goal to aim for.

Bifferwine, Oct 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question