Disheartening Problems

Biff would the ice trick work for majano's? Ice and pull them off? Maybe even leave the forcepts in the freezer. Just shooting from the hip now.

I know your trying, but the kalk injections and/or covering them with kalk paste has to work. It's has a pH around 12 and burns anything. I've only had a few I had to deal with and a good thick kalk paste covering them works great. Besides the high pH, the kalk paste turns into calcium carbonate...hard as a rock.
Pulling of the keynas and covering whats left of the base with kalk paste will work too.

Good luck and keep the faith :)

No, this is quite a bit bigger, thus why you can cover alot of ground fast, and why it beats the hell out of my anthelia

What does majano look like?!! Pics??

Also, what about taking out all LR (yes a pain) and scrubbing and rinsing with the water from a change out?????

Last edited:
Do they shrink up like aips do? Someone told me to squirt kalk or boiling water into an aip, then when he shrunk up, to cover the hole with epoxy or crazy glue. Never had to, but it might work

The direct injections of kalk paste seem to have done the trick. I'd say about 90% of the majanos I injected are gone. The ones that didn't die are big, so maybe I need to use more.

It's a pain in the butt to find and inject each one individually, but it seems to have worked. I will have to spend more time on it this weekend, hunting them down. I have a lot more left in my tank.

My LFS will not take kenya trees. And people are constantly bringing them to frag swaps, and try to give them away for free, and no one will take them.

I dont think people will even buy it off ebay.... Maybe for 5 bucks for a medium piece, but it's not really worth shipping blah blah blah

Back