Divers Den, to QT or not to QT?

Would you QT from Diver's Den?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

BL1

I don't know if you guys have watched the videos on DD but they have a pretty nice looking system they keep and QT their fish in. I'm looking at LiveAquaria and DD to get my first fish from them since my tank has cycled now. But, would you guys still QT your fish from DD or not?

From Diver's Den, nope. I trust them and they have an excellent reputation. As for the fish that come from outside Diver's Den, I don't think those are quarantined like the DD fish are, so you would probably want to treat those differently.

I know most people on here don't quarantine but, since I'm brand new to this all I wanna do it as right as possible to hopefully avoid problems in the future.
The DD ones are the only ones LiveAquaria QTs, if I were to buy from the rest of the site I'd definitely QT them.

I am horrible and not to be used as a good example. I never quarantine.

Me neither :D. And in 10 years I have never lost a fish to a communicable disease or parasite (that I know of). But I am trying to give "the most sound" advice I can. Hahaha.

Me neither :D. And in 10 years I have never lost a fish to a communicable disease or parasite (that I know of). But I am trying to give "the most sound" advice I can. Hahaha.

I lost a hippo tang to ich. He got to weak to swim away from the powerhead. I also had a fish disappear under suspicious circumstances in which I think a hitchhiker crab was to blame.

Read sig:lol:
Since i been hanging around here,i have seen more and more threads pop up about ich,personally i see no reason not to QT ..... my :twocents:...plus QTing is not just for ich prevention there are many things to look out for and,it also just gives the fish time to relax abit after shipping..

I met Kevin Kohen, Director of Divers Den. I believe Kevin said while they do qt the fish, not all fish qt'ed are treated. Qt is also a good way to observe the fish. I bought Bartlett anthias from DD and they recommended I still qt and treat them with PraziPro.

Back