Dixie's 10gal mixed reef

Yes fishy, I plan on buying a powerhead sometime next month. And maybe turning my bio wheel into a mini fuge.

I got a few snails and a blue leg today! Acclimating them as we speak.

Ok this may sounds crazy but I'm praying for an algae bloom. My 5 snails have already eaten all of the algae in the tank and are acting sluggish (as sluggish as a snail can be) Some of them just sit at the bottom of the tank. They aren't dead but I am worried.

Hmmm, I know margaritas don't last long in reef tanks. The temp is too warm for them, but all of my astreas do well. You might have just gotten a few too many, depending on how large they are.

They aren't big at all.

I found a guy on Craigslist that is a soldier here and he is selling everything in his reef tank and he is going to sell me a bunch of corals, hemits, and his yellow watchman goby for $60.

But I haven't decided if I want the watchman because I also want a pinkbar goby. I know I cant have both so I have to decide on which one I want more.

Which one do yall think I should get? Pinkbar or watchman?

I'm back from my vacation :( But today was a big day for my tank. I stopped at a few lfs and got myself my first legit corals! :D I got 2 different kinds of candy canes, a Duncan, and a bunch of star polyps. Also added a few more snails and a red leg hermit. Oh and a pom pom crab!! Pictures to come after the dust settles.

Pictures!
Still waiting on my candies to open up

IMAG2020.jpg

IMAG2019.jpg

IMAG2018.jpg

IMAG2015.jpg

IMAG2021.jpg

Looks good! That first coral is a trumpet coral, and it needs some TLC. However, they are a super hardy coral and should recover with good water quality! Excellent choice for coral!

I thought so. It looked ok at the store but it was in the bag for a while due to traffic on top of my already long commute but I think it will pull through.

Back