DIY fish food

Neno reefs

Reefing newb
Well i am working on makeing my own food and i cant find any clams/oysters!:frustrat:
So this is what i got.
Miysis shrimp
table shrimp
seaweed
Is that enough to make some healthy food? If its not what els should i had, maybie some baby brine shrimp?

I would add sushi roe and some garlic extract. See if you can also find some squid too. You can also toss in some uncooked saltwater fish.

Variety is the spices of like and the key to good nutrition!

I just thew some garlic cloves in mine. I ran it through the blender with some RO water until it was almost a paste.

Also used

RAW table shrimp
Nori sheets
A couple spoon fulls of some freeze dried filter feeder food
Scallops

If your super market doesn't carry the clams or oysters, you might need to find a fish market.

Whoops forgot to put the garlic up there, already got that on the list. As you can tell its kind of hard for me to find seafood counting i am as far away from a ocean as you can get lol.

I think for now i will go with
Brine shrimp
Mysis shrimp
table shrimp
seaweed
and garlic
Then if i find any more seafood, can i somehow add it and remix my already mixed food? get what i am saying?
I would like to mix some food soon because right now my clowns are just getting mysis shrimp.

Or maybe instead of mixing all the food together you can feed one different thing each day instead of going through all the trouble of having to mix it all up.

Back