diy frag tank with no money

dan55gallonhex

Reefing newb
hi guys my wife said i couldn't spend anymore money so this is what i made. i used 2 hang off the back filters with carchol for now i plan on switching over to bioballs next week once all the bad i sout of the tank. 1 atinic and one 10k and 2 heaters. everything doing well so far levels are great. cross my fingers.
DSC03253.jpg

DSC03254.jpg
DSC03258.jpg

DSC03259.jpg

I cant see a thang wrong with that.But I will suggest to not use bio-balls.Just drop some live rock rubble in those instead.

I would not recommend using bioballs in a frag tank. They are okay for fish only tanks, because they tend to create high nitrate levels. Fish can tolerate high nitrate levels, but inverts cannot.

the red i macro they called it kelp but it looks like a grass of sort not really sure dan. i looked all over here and couldn't find any at home depot or lowes a buddy of mine had some laying around the shop so i soaked it for 2 days in boiling hottt water untill i felt comfortable it was ok. as far as plumbing i wasn't thinking about it untill i buy a house its so hard to do things twice im in an apartment so ill wait for that, plus ive had great luck with my canister filter on my 55 gallon. i know ucch a canister filter but it works great

Back