DIY Live Rock/Aragocrete?

Yeah, the nearest track is pretty far here too, but it's one of those itches I gotta scratch, haha. Props to you though, putting your child first... a lot of parents don't do that now a days. You can always beat it around on the street though, haha.

Yes I do ride it like crazy around the street. We have some amazing riding here in idaho. I love getting out any chance I can. Nothing beats beautiful scenery and 20 mph suggested switchbacks

chipmunk...I just wanted some larger holes for maybe crevices or hiding places thus the large hole in each rock....the smaller hole methods I have trived to get some pores hasn't worked yet for me.

I will 'seed' this concrete with some live rock from existing tanks; for many weeks. I just refuse to spend in the future what I have in the past on rock. I once paid 70 for one damn rock; though it was and is nice. I bag of cement here locally is uner $4.00 for 40 lbs.

The local fish stores range from 7 to 13 per pound (dollars). 40 pounds of concrete $4.00 plus 2-3 months. Live rock 40 pounds at 7.00 is ...yikes $280.00 and I still cure it somewhat before i put it in a tank. There has to be a better or good as way.

I used rock salt on my DIY rock to get pores and crevices. it worked out pretty nice. I used the toilet to cure the rock. it only took about a month. (my kids flush the toilet a lot) It could have been less than a month, thats just how long it was before I took it out and tested it. It's been in the tank for about six months and is pretty well encrusted. It's some of the best looking rock in the tank.

I used rock salt on my DIY rock to get pores and crevices. it worked out pretty nice. I used the toilet to cure the rock. it only took about a month. (my kids flush the toilet a lot) It could have been less than a month, thats just how long it was before I took it out and tested it. It's been in the tank for about six months and is pretty well encrusted. It's some of the best looking rock in the tank.

You are genius man, I never would have thought of that! Using the toilet... wow. Awesome. I'm definitely going to do that when I make more rock.

I definitely hear you, 2manyfish. I got my Caribbean rock at an amazing price, but still, it's nowhere near what I'd like to pay for it. I'm never buying any rock again, unless it's an uncured piece to get some diversity back into my own rock.

Oh okay. Well still, genius idea. I'm definitely doing this when I need more rock... I just watched mantis shrimp videos on Youtube for over an hour and I don't even want to be in the same room with my fish tank. I have no reason to suspect that I have one, and in fact I'm pretty sure I don't, but they scare me shitless.

Back