DIY RO/DI.....well, kinda....

You can get a good RODI unit for less than $100 (I paid $65 for mine). They don't take up a lot of space (they mount to the inside of your kitchen sink), and you don't need a holding tank -- which is what takes up space.

I don't think they are very difficult to DIY, but at least if you buy one online, you can return it if it doesn't work. If you make your own and it doesn't work, you are out that money.

If you do make one yourself, be sure to post about it in the DIY forum!

You're right about where you live. You are in the middle of nowhere! :) I guess you survived the April 2009 tornado; just another reason to get out when you can.

You're right about where you live. You are in the middle of nowhere! :) I guess you survived the April 2009 tornado; just another reason to get out when you can.

XD were there pics of that on that site?

Yeah.. it was GREAT>. lol.. not that things got destroyed, bit there was a...excitment about it...

Ok, now I sound like a freak, but what can I say, I like extreme weather.

I tryed this idea you had found there dreamwalk using the old mr clean spotless sprayer i had one in my shed. I forgot that I had one that my wife had bought me 3-4 yrs ago LOL... well any ways i dont have a ro di unit yet and I figured what the hell so i tryed it and it is a little better than useing striaght up tap water. After building this little piece of shit like the old man said it turned out like he said i only had to use a little supper glue and bought a new filter. my phosphate in the tap water went from 1.0 befor to showing .25 and after using the little filter not bad untill i can afford a ro di unit just thought you might wanted to know that. Thanks for sharing this Idea.

I have cousin that live in Arkansas I rember as a kid going up there and we would go to mena because it was a big town compared to where they lived. Ever been to wicks?

I tryed this idea you had found there dreamwalk using the old mr clean spotless sprayer i had one in my shed. I forgot that I had one that my wife had bought me 3-4 yrs ago LOL... well any ways i dont have a ro di unit yet and I figured what the hell so i tryed it and it is a little better than useing striaght up tap water. After building this little piece of shit like the old man said it turned out like he said i only had to use a little supper glue and bought a new filter. my phosphate in the tap water went from 1.0 befor to showing .25 and after using the little filter not bad untill i can afford a ro di unit just thought you might wanted to know that. Thanks for sharing this Idea.

Thanks for the input! Glad to know it works, to some extent, I finally decided that I should just go the cheaper route and get the distilled water from the local walmart.

I have cousin that live in Arkansas I rember as a kid going up there and we would go to mena because it was a big town compared to where they lived. Ever been to wicks?

YES! loads of times...to many to count!

Mind sharing a name of said relative? Might know them!

Back