Do I need a clean up crew?

Her0

Samuel Eel Jackson's pet
I would like little clean up crew for my 40 litre tank but I'm not sure if it even needs them or if they will be safe.

Currently has:
1x Fijian Blue Devil Damsel
1x Royal Blue Damsel
1x Snowflake Eel

I really like the look of those little cleaning shrimp but I'm 80% sure Samuel Eel Jackson will eat him.

I think it's a personal decision. I have a clean up crew just to help me keep the glass, sand, and rocks clean. I still have to clean the tank but they sure do help the cause out.

Yes, i would have a cuc for any sized tanks. Id think over which ones id put in a smaller tank, but they help out so much. A few here and there would do it, like no more than 20 total. You know you have to many when they die off from lack of food or they stay at the top of your tank where the light is strongest in hopes for algae growth.
I do know local reefers that dont have any cuc and perfer to do it themselves because......... It too works for them, i just enjoy all the life forms coexisting together.

Thanks guys I will check out my LFS to see what they have :)

ErinCahir, I plan on getting a large reef tank going in the coming months so the eel will be re-homed then. At the moment he is fairly tiny.

Back