Do I want an aquarium?

If it holds water its a good brand of tank imo. lol. I'm usually more concerned about the dimensions. For most of the fish that I have longer, not taller is better. I also like the look of longer tanks better. I got a 33g thats 13x13x48 and I LOVE it I'll never part with it.

Some fish its better to have a taller tank than a longer one. my 55g might as well be 33g lol you hardly ever see any fish above the mid way up mark. I don't have any chromis or anything else that really swims in the upper water column.

I can see that Yote!

Any magazine recommendations?

I should be buying evereything within 2 weeks. It's quite a bit of change hope it's worth it!!

The larger the tank, the easier it will be to take care of.

I do not entirely agree with that. Very small nano tanks can be difficult to maintain but a 29 is a million times easier than a 200G !

You could save a lot of money by collecting your own rock and curing it yourself. Florida has a lot of quarrys (especially in the keys) that are made of dead coral skeletons which is a perfect rock for putting in tanks. I have collected a lot of excellent rock from beaches in Florida and used it in my tanks.

You might be able to pick up some excellent rock directly from Tampa Bay Saltwater Inc and save a lot on shipping charges.

I think websites like this one and say reefcentral satisfy most of us with plenty of reading material! xD

Glad you went saltwater :)

Looks like you have a knack for sleek good looking setups (judging by the tanks you've been looking at); I would suggest you take a look at some other peoples build threads and see how their tanks have all come together. I know one of my favorites in particular is D2mini's build thread very clean, looks great! There are also lots others out there too, great reads!

I will be honest... I did FW for a year and stopped for like 10 years. I got a hold of a 75g and that was my first SW tank.. Im so happy i went with that size because of the minimum tank sizes for fish and such. I have to thank everyone in this forum for helping me the way they did. +10 to everyone who helped.. (Biffer and wonton get an extra +5 :)..) I really dont worry about my tank because i know if i have a problem i can ask people here and they will help me with it.. So i would so GO BIG OR GO HOME :) start with a 55 or 75g you wont regret it...

Hi everyone.

Just an update: I am ready...

Let's see if the credit card doesn't burn! Lots of money going your way fishpetlove.com!

I'll be buying almost everything within a couple of days, I'll keep you posted!

... and you guys better be here to help!!!!!!! :):):)

I promised my wife that scuba diving would be less expensive than keeping my salty tanks. Boy was I wrong. But not by much.

Enjoy the hobby.

-A

Back