Do Ricordea poop?

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
And if they do, what do they look like when they're doing it? The reason I ask is this.

Yesterday, I was on my daily majano hunt and I some aptaisia X floated through the water and landed on my ric...It's happened before. Didn't think anything of it.

Today, I'm checking out the tank and my ric is going through some sort of an issue. He was a hitchhiker on my rock and has split twice in less than a month (so I assume he's happy), got two small rics right next to him now, and when I have the MH's on he get's HUUUGE.

But today, he's all balled up, his sides are curled in, I've never seen it before..a little while later he's opened back up, but not quite as big as normal.

I fed him 2 pieces of mysis shrimp in the last week.

Was he pooping?

Most likely he got shocked from the low pH of the Aptasia X. But to answer your question, they do poop. It is some stringy brown stuff that comes out of their mouth.

My open brain does that...I was surprised when I found out that he was pooping.

Now that sort of begs the question...how come everyone says Corals do not add to the bioload?

I think its wierd that they eat and poop outa the same spot. And Koda Dad coral poop and fish poop are evidently not the same.

My open brain does that...I was surprised when I found out that he was pooping.

Now that sort of begs the question...how come everyone says Corals do not add to the bioload?

This is because they are usually eating the fish poop or left over food. It is such miniscule amount compaired to the fish that it really doesnt matter much.

Back