Do they make some sort of exact testing equipment?

cvcdrk

Reefing newb
I'm sure it would be very expensive if they did but do they make some sort of system that you can insert a probe and it will give you all the info you need (salinity, pH, alkaline, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, phosphates, calcium, etc.)?

That would be a really nice and convenient thing.

Yep, they have electronic probes. Just not all in one. You have to buy separate probes to test different things. If you look on a website like Marine Depot, you will see all sorts of options for those that can afford to buy such a thing. I used to have an electronic pH meter and salinity meter (I didn't buy them -- I worked in a lab that was getting rid of old equipment so I got to take them home). They were super easy and convenient to use. But, you have to keep any probes calibrated, so that means purchasing calibration fluid and calibrating them frequently so you are sure they are performing correctly.

Once my cycle is over I am considering getting some that will measure reef-important things like calcium and pH and an exact nitrate reader would be nice to be sure I am keeping it under 5.

Test strips and drops are too ambiguous to me.

Back