Do you think 200 is a fair price to ask for this coral?

EliWhitney314

Phish Head
This coral is huge and has grown tremendously since I got it 9 months ago. I know if this was in a store it would be going for much more.

008-16.jpg

025-5.jpg

072-2.jpg

from this

003-12.jpg

tremendous growth but im sorry to say i dont think its worth 200. fist sized colonies go for 50 max here... but awesome growth! very well kept coral its beautiful.

hmm where is that?[the online price] and they might be ORA or aqua-cultured from a higher priced dealer... especially for reefer to reefer trading/purchasing the prices are lower... i typically see an average of 3 inch pieces for 35-40. in San diego, local coral traders trade one inch frags for as low as 5 dollars but thats because everyone in san diego has green birdnest apparently so no one wants it hah.

I might try ebay. I'm not expecting 200 but 150 or so. I mean I know it's worth more than 50, at least around here. If I walked into my lfs it would be around 250 or so, it's much larger than it looks in the photos.

you could post it as 200 OBO and see what you get.. like i said local coral economy varies greatly from city to city.

Great growth Eli! I definitely think $200 would be a fair price for that, it looks like it's about 8-9 inches right? But, just because the price is fair doesn't mean it will be easy to find someone willing to pay it in this economy.

That piece would go for $200 all day long in my neck of the woods. All day, everyday, and twice on Sunday.

The frag he started with would be worth $30-40 here.
That colony is huge!
I'd say it's worth the $200.
But I bet it's worth a lot more if you frag it.

I would pay $200 for it Eli if I was certain I could keep it alive. I think is is certainly worth that. You should be able to sell it for $150 easily IMO. Good luck with the sell and DON'T sell it for too little.

I would pay $80-100 for it. If you can get $200 more power to ya. Its a pretty common coral though and it is very easy to grow.

Back