Doc's Reef Build

Re: Dr Marco's Reef Build

cool. I cannot brag about the work I do, cuz if I were to point out the work that I do with a client to someone else, I get sued. But, the trade off is that I only work 3 days a week.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

yeah, I do love what I do. I remember being 11 or 12 and wanting to be a therapist. I read about it in school and was hooked with the idea of controlling peoples' minds and....um, wait, I mean, helping people overcome problems...

I am so stoked about this tank. It will happen fast, but I may draw out the pics for a few days. That way, you can enjoy them longer. this tank will be my attempt at a true coral reef. But I have a dilemma. My kids want "nemo and dory" to be together, as does my wife. My Regal tang is about 6 inches long now and will totally fit in the 90 gallon reef, but here is the question: Will keeping him there shorten his life? The fish bible tells me 100 gallons, but I have read other reports that 90 is just fine. What is your experience?

Beats the hell out me Doc.I've only had two tangs in my many years of reefing,a yellow and a sailfin.Heck,you're the expert on large fish.

Why enlist your families help and make a video of the set up?That way we got something to watch,plus it might be of great value to some body just starting out in the hobby.

I think "Dory" would be fine in there a while as long as she's fairly small.From my understanding,Regal Tangs grow fairly slow.

I guess my concern, Yote, stems from seeing the size of them in the tank at Ceasar's Palace in Vegas. They are SO BIG. The ones in that tank would not seem to fit in my current tank. Which speaks to an earlier thread where I asked if they get the same size in the wild as they do in our tanks. If they do, my regal tang would not be a good fit for my 90 gallon. Granted, since they do grow slow, the fish I see in show tanks may be 10 years old, while mine is 4 (from my understanding).

As for video, I don't look as good as I used to look and I would hate to shock or nauseate any viewers from my visual unpleasantness. My modeling days are over. I may stick to pics, lots of pics, to follow the progress. But I will consider it.

yes they are larg in those tanks but they were raised in those tanks,

If you ( the family) want a NEMO and DORY I would get a New blue tang for the tank IMO they will get along much better and it would cause alot less stress on the tang, that way you can keep the regal in the 90 for 4 or 5 years .

By that time you will have shrunk enough heads to afford the 12,0000 gallon set-up !

that is one option. I already have the tang and clowns set up in my 125 and I will most likely just pass them into the 90. I will have to take my chances. As of right now, they pretty much ingore each other. I may have to wait until I get a UV set up in the sump of the 90. I will have to suffer with a P.O.S (:pooh:) HOB filter for a few weeks tho. Lame.

nothing yet. I will be slow to do anything else until I close on my house and put in a new floor. That will make for interesting pics of me screaming and swearing like a drunken sailor. Until then, you can look at some macro pics I shot on a different post.

wuuuuu-hooo!!! I just hit 1,000 posts. Biff, do I get somekind of reward for sticking around for a while?

snot, just cuz you post 4xs as much as me in the same amount of time AND have more thanks, doesn't mean you are better than me. It is the fact that your tank is so BIG that makes you better than me, and don't you forget it!!!

PS - I missed you....*sniff* :sniffles:

Bitter, much???

I missed yooz too!!!!! But now I'm back, and no more vacations are planned for the forseeable future!

K. Cuz, no one could handle all the posts that importknight threw on while you were gone. We just don't have the time you do for that....:mrgreen:

yes, please, a good aged sharp cheddar will go great with my...whine...hahahahahaha

tore up my carpet and got the floor ready for the wood. I am taking today, tomorrow and wednesday off from work to get the floor done. Too bad I have no idea what I am doing. Hope it doesn't suck. I will post pics tomorrow on the progress. As soon as the floor is down, the 90 goes up. YESSSSSSS

Back