Doc's Reef Build

ok fans, I have a dilemma with going bigger. My wife loves my tank in her living room. She decorated the room to match the tank. The stand matches the floor and she added dome stain to the stand to make it match perfectly for her. Here is my problem. I want to go bigger but to do so requires "adjusting" the stand to hold a larger tank. There is no room to add a 6 foot beast so I am looking at a 150 tall. 24" depth makes my stand 6" too short so i foresee building it out. Plus, I will want to reinforce my existing stand to support the extra weight. I need ideas from minds far superior to mine. Help? A new stand is simply out of the question.

-Doc

Either prepare to piss off the wife or spend the jack to get a new stand. I wouldnt trust the addition on the back of the stand to hold the weight of the new tank.

heres a black tang to add doc... im not quite sure of the prices on them but they are not too common

b4.jpg

Monroviae Tang

I have never seen a tang like that one before. The black ones I am familsr with are solid jet black with no stripes and a bright white scalpel.

-Doc

Well, I got him. My new fish in my reef tank. Granted, the tank will need to be upgraded, but now I have a great excuse to do so. I am planning on moving up to a 150 tall here in the next few months. I figure my new fishie will be just fine until then. What is he? well, I will try and get a few pics of him in a little bit. I have a few errands to run and things to clean first. It should not be a surprise for those of you who know me. It is my favorite fish, now happily swimming around in my reef tank.....again

;-)

-Doc

Well, I got him. My new fish in my reef tank. Granted, the tank will need to be upgraded, but now I have a great excuse to do so. I am planning on moving up to a 150 tall here in the next few months. I figure my new fishie will be just fine until then. What is he? well, I will try and get a few pics of him in a little bit. I have a few errands to run and things to clean first. It should not be a surprise for those of you who know me. It is my favorite fish, now happily swimming around in my reef tank.....again

;-)

-Doc

you are just teasing everyone now where is the dang pics.

mortal kombat II and NBA Jam. Kids love it and so do I. Now, if only I could figure out why photobucket is not letting me post pictures!!!!

-Doc

OK, got the pics to work. I just posted the ones of my new shark on the other build thread. I will get these up pronto. Check out my "Shark Reef" build thread for new pics while I get these up and running

-Doc

Back