Doc's Reef Build

photobuckt changed recently, it no longer auto copies the img code to your clipboard, and the super nintendo is awesome but it doesnt hold a light to the greatest system ever made, the n64.

This is kind of like a version of "Where's Waldo" for those of you older than 20, you may remember those books. This one is "Where is Doc's new reef-safe fish". Find him in here:

PC270007.jpg

-Doc

i see the emperor, he isnt good at player of hide and seek, which is probably why he got caught in the ocean in the first place, and im 17 and love wheres waldo

I saw the emperor, but didn't realize it was a new fish :(

I guess that goes to show how quickly you go through them!! ;) Like a fat kid goes through cake. Real fast. Like, at supersonic speed.

OK, OK, OK..... here are the rest of the pics of my newest (and likely last) emperor.

PC270009.jpg

He has spent much of the last two days getting cleaned in this spot by the SPS corals by my blood shrimp. He seems to do it about every 15 minutes for a spell. Pretty cool to watch.

-Doc

Here are a few more:

PC270010.jpg

PC270011.jpg

and a FTS

PC270013.jpg

He is a Red Sea variety, which are significantly more expensive than the Indo-pacific variety due to the tendency for the tail to turn orange and a streamer to grow from the top of the body. Pretty cool and worth the extra cash (if the little bastard lives).

He is about 5-6 inches and will be OK in my 90 for 6 months while I plan my expansion into a 150 tall, which will rock in my sitting room. He munches down on krill and seems to play nice with all the other fish. Nothing in this tank to stress him out and kill his ass like the shark did to the previous ones in my basement. So, I feel pretty good about his chances of living til a big, fat age. Yippie and Merry Christmas to me. Now then... about selling my corals from this tank if he starts to eat them....

-Doc

That's awesome doc! I really hope this is a reef safe experience for you. Beautiful emperor. I am in love with your new shark too. Do you have zoanthids in your 90?

That's awesome doc! I really hope this is a reef safe experience for you. Beautiful emperor. I am in love with your new shark too. Do you have zoanthids in your 90?

I do have zoas in my 90 reef. He has already shown an interest in them. I have to watch and see if he starts to punish them to death, I will sell off what I can. That is my plan. I know they ignore SPS corals and many LPS if well fed. I will keep a close eye on him and if he starts getting a bit more than curious, I will post an ad in the local internet classifieds to sell the frags. I suppose people here could bid for them as well. I just hope he leaves my superman scylomia alone as well as my hammers and goni. That goni is going on two years old and is a MONSTER. Dominick would be proud of me for keeping that guy alive for so long. I also want him to avoid my Acan. Anything else is sellable. So far, he is going after the ample yellow sponge population on the underside of my rocks.

-Doc

Back