Doc's Shark Tank

I'm not exactly sure about what size the nice finishing wood comes in but one simple way is stealing the visual design of the All Glass Aquarium stands. Get enough 1x4s to go around top and bottom of the stand. Notch out .5x.5 out of the corner (bottom inside for top rail, top inside for bottom rail) to hold in the vertical planking. Then get the .5x(however wide you think looks nice) and mount those under the .5x.5 notch you cut out. Kinda lacking the steps but I hope it gives you the general idea.

Yea.....sorry about that. Don't use normal nails. I'm used to the insane nails that we use for the wooden fence around the pasture. They don't rust and they don't come out unless you got a 20lb sledge.

I'm not exactly sure about what size the nice finishing wood comes in but one simple way is stealing the visual design of the All Glass Aquarium stands. Get enough 1x4s to go around top and bottom of the stand. Notch out .5x.5 out of the corner (bottom inside for top rail, top inside for bottom rail) to hold in the vertical planking. Then get the .5x(however wide you think looks nice) and mount those under the .5x.5 notch you cut out. Kinda lacking the steps but I hope it gives you the general idea.

You clearly don't know me. I am as handy as a camel. I have no finishing skill what-so-ever. I was thinking about buying some sheets of 1/2 in subflooring or wood paneling of some kind. I just can't see myself cutting notches out of anything. I appreciate your thoughts though. It just isn't me

-Doc

Doc trade some head shrinking to a local contractor and have them build it for you. Weve got a dentist that trades dental work for remodeling work all the time.

or you can just buy a 280 galon tank(built in over flows) with a stand and canopy for only about $2000 from glass cages, it would save u alot of work.

I have not heard good things about All-glass. I like Perfecto better. It is an option though.

-Doc

Both Oceanic and AGA(Aqueon) parent company is Central Pets but there operation is different.AGA is mass market and Oceanic is more or less a custom builder now built to order.You get a lifetime warranty versus AGA 2year warrany and when you put an AGA and a Oceanic similar in size you will notice a different.Thicker glass,more sturdy stands and the seams to be more cleaner.....not to mention the option of starphire glass.

I had a brand new AGA 210 where the bottom seal started leaking.I've notice air bubbles in the silicone but didn't think much of it...but thats where the left side seam and bottom seam pulled apart.I had to put all my live stock in a holding tanks while I waited a whole month for a replacement tank and stand.It's all documented in my reef build.

I think I will stick to the 400 gallon system. I don't really have a place to put a 40,000 gallon tank right now. Maybe later

-Doc

Back