Doc's Shark Tank

Maybe I missed it, but I never saw any mention of the asfur... I assume he's long since dead and gone (Doc I am sorry to bring up painful memories) but what was his fait?

Also for the record, Doc and Alex, please add me to the dreamer's list. I have been dreaming of a shark reef for over ten years now. I want it to be set in ground like a swimming pool so that an entire wall of two rooms is created by the sides of the tank, and on the other end I want it to gradually slope into a sandy beach area into the yard. I want to stock with 2 black tips, a white tip, and a variety of other rays, eels, smaller shark and aggressive fish. Naturally, I have to save a few more pennies before this dream will be a reality.

I agree. We see eye to eye on this one Biff. I hope one day to have a tank big enough to house one and you can come visit with your man and we can all scuba!!!

-Doc

good thing you didn't invite me to scuba with sharks, because that ain't happening =) I'll watch and take pictures.

PRAY FOR SQUISHY!!!

This morning, I went downstairs to find squishy outside the tank. I have no idea how long he had been there. He was dry, but not brittle. I have read that bamboo sharks can live up to 12 hours outside of water. I last checked on him at 10pm last night and noticed him at 8am. His belly was red instead of the normal cream color. I imagine that it was due to lack of oxygen. I snatched him up and dropped him back in the tank. He is not moving, but it looks like his gills are moving a little. He is upside down. I don't know if anyone is religious out there, but I could use a few prayers for my shark.

-Doc

Well, he made it through the night. He showed no interest in food. But, he is alive. He has not come out all day or night (that I was awake for). I will start a candlelight vigil later today and burn some incense, burn some sage, grab a rosary, and whatever else I can think of. Hopeful....

-Doc

RIP SQUISHY

P1060001-1.jpg

I found him dead this morning. I have decided that due to my lack of keeping fish alive in this big tank, time to care for it, and money lost, that I am done with trying to keep such a large system. I will also not be able to keep posting on the forum. Just too much life going on. I have enjoyed my time with everyone here and so many of you have grown in your knowledge about keeping these wonderful creatures. I wish everyone the best and to those who know me best, keep in touch!

Respectfully,

Doc

Back