Don't have it, but, red slime question...

poksal

Well? .. I AM trying
I am doing water changes so we don't need to go down that road... BUT..
I read somewhere that not doing water changes would cause a bloom in red slime. I'm just wondering why.. what are we missing in our chemical, mechanical, and biological skills?? .. which needs another reactor.. oh.. geeze not another reactor choice-study-complexity.

I get the water changes.. but we are learning... there should be a point in the future to where water changes are not necessary. We are not there, but look at what all we have accomplished in the recent few years. I would of never attempted a reef tank a few years ago. Now we have the technology and bio-knowledge to make it reasonable keeping live coral in a tank at home. .. wow... (well I'm learning to anyway, sometimes I think so anyway)

So.. we need to be questioning what we are missing that would prevent such problems as red-slime related crap. We do water changes to accomplish specific things... that is where we need to attack the problem... we know WHY... so we need to work around them.. and don't say we can't do that... it can and will be worked out... bring it.

Could be a sump + refuge (or alge scrubber) + skimmer + bio-pellet reactors + "something" + dosing, .... does the trick... ??? We are getting closer... it wasn't long ago coral had to be captured live and viewed in a professional aquarium while it lived its short life there.

So... what are we missing... ???? just trying to brew up some out of the box thinking... from the reef tankers... which is where this kind of thing will come from..

thanx for listening.... now think... wink...

Last edited:
Back