Dont try this at home!!

JellyMan

Reef enthusiast
just a little tip for you clown lovers at home it is not a good idea to put a female maroon clown in a 29 gallon tank with another feamle maroon, there is no love between the two and can make for a bad day :D

yeah I figured it would happen but I hoped it wouldnt due to the fact that there the same species I was hoping for at most maybe a little nippage and instead I got mortal Kombat.

Well duh!

Hey Jelly are they the same size.?
On my other tank I bought one larger and one smaller,they paired off.I wondering if it could work again.I seen Mated Maroons going for 150.00 plus online.Gold Maroons are 20.00 locally,That would be a big saving.

Last edited:
close enough :D
yes you can get them and let the pair it most likely wont happen right away mine were beginning to pair when my male was killed. Yes that is the cheaper way to go about it remeber your female can get up to 6 inches and your male can close in on 4 hope this helps ya.

Yeah I know they can grow pretty big,but in five years mine were only 3'' and 2'' inches.Maybe it takes them like 10 years to be fully grown or I stunted their growth somehow.

my maroon is about five and a half inchs and i'll sell or trade but she is mean as all get out she can draw blood if she wants that is why i moved her to the tank with mt 3 1/2 ft snow flake ell my five inch niger and my big full grown foxface

Back