dont want to die

Does your open back up after a while? Mine curls up like that at least once a day but always comes right back after an hour or so. I'd like to know if its normal too.

If it is staying in one place and not rolling around with the currents it just might be feeding from the water collum. good luck. keep us posted.

Shrinking periodically is normal. This freaked me out with my BTA at first too. They extend their tentacles when they need to feed, so if it's not hungry, it might not get big.

You're feeding it often, so it doesn't need to extend itself to catch food for itself since it's already full. If you cut back on the feedings a little bit, it will come out more.

well it came out fully now thnaks and for some reason my clowns will not get in it unless i turn all the light of till its pitch dark

Your clowns will probably only use it when they are tired and going to sleep. My clown never is in his anemone unless it is night. If the clown doesn't feel a threat and is tank bread (which most are) they will spend a lot less time in the anemone then if they were wild caught or if they were threatened.

Oh and just as a rule of thumb I only feed my anemones about once or twice (not very often does this happen) a week. Anemones use zooanthellae and also what they can find to eat so feeding should not be a common occurrence but needs to take place less frequently. In the wild they do not catch a meal everyday or even every other day. What type of lighting do you have on the tank as well. Anemones love light and I have had much better results with MHs then any other type of lighting.

well i turned my lights off completely two days ago and now the clowns will not leave it they sit in it allmost all day and come out when i feed them but right now i am running 4 40 watt no floresents but im trying to find a mh or T5 fixture

Your anemone probably needs more light. 160 watts for a 55 gallon tank isn't enough for it. I wouldn't recommend turning your lights off for days at a time -- the anemone needs lighting to live.

for a used mh or t5 check reefcentral.com ive seen some good deals on there latley 175w pendant for 75. bucks just ask around and youll probably find one for a good deal

Back