Down time & Web cam

Chris

Reefing newb
Did anyone else have problems getting to this web site last night? I could not get to the site and my hosting provider told me it was just me.

Oh, I am playing with my web cam pointed at my 125 gal fish tank, it should be smooth streaming video. Can someone take a peak that is using a fast connection to the net and tell me if the video looks any good or if its real choppy? The site is http://tradewinds.gotdns.com .

Thanks!!

Here is a snap shot of what the live cam looks like when viewed. Of course this is a still shot...

liveshot.jpg

Lemme know what everyone thinks.

still picture is great. could not load streaming video could not find site pop up .? too slow connection i guess.

Dead link for me aswell - tried in both IE and Firefox. I like the idea of a webcam though, might have to look into it myself once my tanks fully mature.

Working fine for me now - a bit choppy getting about 1 frame a second, but it is cool to have a live view of your tank.

What is your upload capacity on that connection?

I like the intergration into the forum aswell - however I am doubtful on whether it requires an Active-X plugin as I am viewing with Firefox which doesn't support Active-X controls, just loaded straight away with no questions asked!

Ah, I told it to start using a java applet instead of the active x and wasn't sure if it would work with the forum integration, cool! I would like to stay away from the active-x control. I will bump the FPS up and tell me if the streaming is much smoother.

Back