Dreamwalk's 10gal Nano

Why only one gallon? A sump becomes part of your tank overall water volume. The larger the sump the more water you have, and the more stable. YOu see, a small tank will be easily upset in water parameters, temperature and all. I would put in the biggest sump I could fit, it's not lie it costs more at your level, and a small 10 gallon tank is like 20 bucks, and what we do to it will be really cool and your friend will need a bib when he looks at your shit all set up like a pro...

I am thinking about space though... I have two tens... I could use one as a sump, but, I didn't think it made much sense to have a sump as big as the DT.

But, drooling friends are a plus XD

Ever see a sump in a fish store? Like a 250 with 10 display tanks on it, that's how I will do my tank in a house someday. Main killer tank taking up the whole living room, drill holes in the floor and plumb it to the 200 g sump in the basement, next to my lab....it's alive!!!!!!

ok, so you use a 10 for the sump, an easy build. Now you have a 20 gallon system, with a 10 gallon DT, nice, you'll enjoy it. Just tell your friend not to drool in the tank, it makes your skimmer go nuts....

Ever see a sump in a fish store? Like a 250 with 10 display tanks on it, that's how I will do my tank in a house someday. Main killer tank taking up the whole living room, drill holes in the floor and plumb it to the 200 g sump in the basement, next to my lab....it's alive!!!!!!

no, i havent ... we dont have a LFS here..:[

ok, ok... you have coviced me to do the 10 gal sump with refuge. XD

Another fish store/friend person converted, my mission is complete. YOu will be so happy in the end. My tank is running itself now, not me and I can sit back and yell at the snails for nocking over all the corals, and the goby who moves mountains everyday. Other than that, I have 65 gallons of reef quality ocean in my living room, and everybody looks in there and loves it. My wife said if we ever get that house I can have the biggest tank I want, she knows its cool and she loves all the fish like pets. So you know what they say, "happy wife, happy pecker!" I had a fresh water for 20 yrs, boring, she loves the reef tank.

YOu don't need to go through all that calculation stuff if you use a standard 10. Almost everyone uses that so the height of the baffles will be easy, and the spacing is up to what you want to do. Pictures, let me see....

Here's one, it changes all the time.

DSC_0228.jpg

Ok. i WILL use the 10gal...lol.... i guess, if you have any ideas for the sump lay 'em on me!!

oh, and do you have pics of the sump and all the goodies that go with it?

that's cool, I can see that everything has grown since then, and the purple coraline is way more than that.

Here's the whole sump in action, not the fit!!! In the back is my Remora HOB skimmer, the return pump is closest to the camera. The clear tube hanging near the skimmer is the tube coming from the o box, i also have a uv in line with that.

DSC_0235.jpg

The light is for the cheato to grow in the fuge, which keeps my tank almost algae-free. All the timers run the lights and the wavemaker pumps, alternatively, and turn on the moonlights at night.

I have a mixture of rock. Some I bought white, or dead and dry and some were all purple with coraline. I made the caves by stacking the big ones, very carefully, I'm paranoid of them falling with the snails, they nock over a lot of zoas and stuff. I dont really like it, you should see some peoples stuff, looks just like the ocean, so nice, but I'm getting there. That tank was started in August this year, so it's pretty young yet.

Back