Drilling your All-Glass Aquarium

Chris

Reefing newb
I contacted All-Glass about drilling my 55 gallon tank and here was their reply. I contacted them because I had heard some parts of their tanks used tempered glass, so this is just a heads up.

Hello Chris,

Our 55 gallon aquariums are tempered on the bottom, not on the sides so you can drill the sides. If you want to know if the bottoms of the other aquariums are tempered or not you can call our Customer Service Department 800-255-4527 and someone can help you. Thank you for your interest in our products.

Sherri

Central Aquatics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 11:34 AM
To: All-Glass Info
Subject: Aquarium Question

I own 4 all glass aquariums with stands, the orginal 55 gallon that I bought a year ago and it doesnt have and holes drilled in it. I was wondering which panes of glass were tempered or non-tempered? I have been using a syphon box but it drives me crazy. I want to take it to a profession glass cutter and have it drilled.

Thanks for any info.

Chris Edwards

This communication (including attachments) contains private, confidential, privileged and/or proprietary information intended solely for the Recipient (s) named above. If you are not the intended Recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If received in error, we apologize and ask that you please notify the Sender by calling (414) 421-9670 or via return e-mail, permanently delete this communication from your computer and destroy any printed copies. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Any views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Central Garden & Pet Company or any of its Divisions or Subsidiaries. No contracts, agreements or legally binding understandings may be entered into solely by an e-mail communication.

I agree with You 100% But!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Chris; I agree 100% But could not find anyone out here that would touch a completed tank. They will only drill flat glass :grumble:

Back