Drilling your PVC?

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok the PVC pipes that go to the sump and return to the tank are both drilled.

So far I have only seen articles saying to drill the Intake PVC and none say to drill the pipe that brings the water back to the tank.

I have decided to replace my bulkheads and piping that came with my tank(used) and I have already drilled the return line going to the sump but I am hesitant to drill the PVC that brings the water back to the tank.

The one on here has a small hole right at the neck before it is sprayed back into the tank via those black movable/adjustable heads.

All it did was spray into the back of the overflo and make noise.

Is it needed or did the person I got it from have it right. Seems like the clean water is just being wasted and sucked back down the return since it is spraying into the back of the overflow.

Uh I think I was misreading all the stuff. it does say to drill the return line.

Well both my return and the intake PVC are drilled.

I still think it is silly to have cleaned water spraying into the back and staying in the overflow chamber.

The hole in the return line should be drilled right at the water line. This prevents your tank from draining itself via a reverse siphon during a power outage.

Back