Dro and Mermer's first 29 gallon reef"

Just an update. Reef is doing good but still can't get rid of green hair algae. I hate the algae it looks awful! But all the fish are still alive and all the corals are thriving, now that football camp started I really don't have time to baby my tank but it's doing well :)

I've added a few new pieces

EC0CA483-7479-4F91-B56A-877BAE8A8816-20307-0000119E139B86D5.jpg

BA2D4F39-F0F7-4141-AC62-EEDB3D1AA913-20307-0000119E0EB540F0.jpg

hey, stay safe down there. hope everything works out for ya. had friend drive down there today for some coral and said traffic on I-95 N was bumper to bumper.

thanks guys and i think the storm is over, it got pretty nasty this morning, I lost power for about an hour, tank is great though :)) so took advantage of my day off and took a bounch of pics :) enjoy. let me know witch ones you like best? thanks!!!

upload1.jpg

upload2.jpg

upload3.jpg

upload4.jpg

upload5.jpg

upload6.jpg

First game of the year went great We beat Boston college, now I'm going to Kansas state!! :) gotta love football season,

Tank is going good but still can't shake that damn hair algae

I need all your guys help... I tested my water for stray voltage and I have about 12-15 volts in my water causing my wrasse to jump and also my baby memo :-( sad to say neither made it :'( I lost 2 fish now bc of this, maybe explains my other fish that have died.....how do I fix this??? Do I just replace all my pumps and heaters? That can be quite pricey!

get a grounding probe, they are very cheap and should fix the problem.

However, i would unplug all of your equipment and plug them back in one at a time to figure out which one is leaking so much electricity then look into replacing that one thing. That is quite a bit of voltage!!

get a grounding probe, they are very cheap and should fix the problem.

However, i would unplug all of your equipment and plug them back in one at a time to figure out which one is leaking so much electricity then look into replacing that one thing. That is quite a bit of voltage!!

I did that little fish, problem is everything is contributing to the volts! I'll look into a grounding probe

since my last post ive added a small clownfish so that my original clownfish wont be lonely... ive also added a small red sponge seems to be doing great, i also hooked up a gounding porbe to help with the stray voltage everything is doing great! expect for the algae grrrr! :frustrat::frustrat::frustrat: lol thinking of investing in a uv sterilizer my friend said it'll rid my tank of all of it... heres a pic...what do you guys think of my tank? be honest!

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

Your tank is gorgeous! I love that red sponge! Wow!
I don't know about a UV sterilizer ridding you of the algae. Best bet there is manual removal and keeping your nitrates and phosphates down, maybe getting your magnesium levels up to around 1450-1500ppm. I thought all a UV sterilizer did was kill bacteria. Am I wrong?

Back