Duncan

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
Hey all,

Just wondering how fast this little booger will spout another head. Currently it only has one and I'm looking forwards to having more. I'm feeding it between 2-3 times a day. Any clue how fast it'll spawn?

if you feed it that much it should sprout new heads every week but i think your going to compromise water quality if you feed that much

Mine started out with 3 different heads.Now each of those 3 heads have 4 or 5 buds on them.So it dont take long since I've had it less than 2 months.

you tryin to trick me yote??? Lol. So far it hasn't affected water quality. I'm directly feeding it with a syringe, and only with a small chunk of PE Mysis. Any left overs in the syringe goes down the drain. I feed my fish every 3 days so they're jealous.

well if you can control not letting food get into the tank and go un-eaten then the only problem i see with what your doing is youll be going through food very quickly

well if you can control not letting food get into the tank and go un-eaten then the only problem i see with what your doing is youll be going through food very quickly

Very true very true. I've already gone through 2 blocks of mysis. I feed my fish formula one food. So hopefully I don't run out too quickly lol. Would a tiny finger leather eat some mysis? Cuz all I'm feeding it now is some Kent phyto plex and essential elements. And when I say tiny I mean about an inch tall, if that!

Careful with that phytoplex and essential elements.
IMO,phytoplex is just nitrates in a bottle.Have you ever noticed the kinda dusty green that gets on the glass from time to time?Thats just phytoplankton,and the filterfeeder that use it,get their feel every time to clean the glass.
Your also replacing those essential elements every time you do a water change.

The instructions on the back of the phytoplex are for a 50g so I'm only adding 1ml every Tuesday. Just a little something until I do a water change. But thanks for the heads up!

Thought I'd post some pics of my Duncan. Also, can anyone ID what kinda ACAN I have?? If you need a pic of it under the Whites I can do that. Sorry, forgot at the time I took the pics. Also, the pics don't both of the corals color justice.

Thats a good healthy Duncan.Shouldnt take too long to have several more heads on it.
I cant tell about the Acan,other that it looks good.

Just so you know what to look for, they usually have white nubs a the base when they start to form a new one. then it gradually gets to lookin like mine does today about a week after I noticed the white nub):

Great Duncan! I think this is my favorite LPS coral with the possible exception of goniopra. (But since I don't yet trust myself with a goni). Yours looks very healthy, and i would be surprised if you don't see a new head in a week or so. Try looking at it at night after the lights are off. when its polyps are retraced you should be able to make out the sites of the new heads. The new heads start out looking like little round blisters. In about two months you can expect up to 10-20 new heads on that coral if it's happy.

Back