Durso Standpipes

BuddaTurk

Turk of Budda
Hi All,

I was given a 90 gallon AGA and stand and am looking into cleaning it up and using it as my larger tank.

This had two corner overflows with 1" drains and 3/4" returns.

I want to buy the durso standpipes so the tank will be quieter. I also need to know where to buy bulkheads and what size bulkheads I need for both the drain and the returns.

Can the return lines just be PVC piping and can I somehow connect loc-line tubing to it?

Thanks a lot.

~BT

Yea definetly build your own, way less cost and super easy. As for bulkheads, im not sure. I picked mine up from the LFS

BT do you know offhand what size the holes are? If I read a little closer I wouldve seen them. Are those the size of the actual holes in the glass? Or what the giver told you they were? Since you have a reef ready tank pvc for returns with a 90 to a drilled hole throught the overflow and thread on loc-line Y nozzle.

Loclines will fit right into PVC. It is cheaper to buy the parts separate than the kit (at least it was when I plumbed my tank), especially since different sites will have different prices and sales for the different components.

Cheapest prices with the quickness service I have found for bulkheads and Loc-line is at http://www.glass-holes.com The industry standard size bulk heads for a reef ready tank is a one inch bulkhead for the overflow (meaning a 1-3/4" hole) and a 3/4" return line bulkhead (meaning a 1-1/2" hole). Each return line would normally use about a six inch length of 3/4" Loc-line pipe, a male threaded adapter and a swivel 3/4" nozzle. This would connect to a standard PVC fitting that has female thread on one end and is a slip socket on the other end. You could just leave them a note or send them an email (Mike or Scott) and they would assemble the Loc-line for you and send the PVC fittingw with siphons hole already drilled for you. They are real good people over there. They even answer emails on the weekends and holidays. For bulk heads that are most convenient get ones that are slip socket on both ends.

Me thinks that you have read some of my numerous rantings about/against "Reef Ready" tanks. It is one of those areas where almost every "expert" in the marine/reef aquarium field agrees the "Reef Ready" tanks are prime examples of poor engineering by "engineers/designers" in the aquarium manafacturing trade.

Me thinks that you have read some of my numerous rantings about/against "Reef Ready" tanks. It is one of those areas where almost every "expert" in the marine/reef aquarium field agrees the "Reef Ready" tanks are prime examples of poor engineering by "engineers/designers" in the aquarium manafacturing trade.

Heys fats; I bet ya a steak dinner that the engineers sent three or four desings up stairs to the execs for approval and the one chosen was the one that provided the largest profit margin and customer be damned.

Back