dustins first tank. 120 gallon(lots of pics)

so for the past two or three days i have seen a mysterious creature in my tank, every time i see it it is always in the same place but when i get up to see what it is, it darts into a hole in the rock at the slightest movement. today i saw it again and was able to see it was a crab, a black crab. i havent introduced any crabs to my tank in a long time and i have only seen it for the past couple days so i doubt it came in on my live rock a year ago. from what i saw everything about it was characteristic of an emerald crab and i know emerald crabs can come in alot of colors so my question is, is black a color variant of emerald crabs?

so i noticed on one of my acans today, there is a baby head growing in and it has an interesting grow in color. the whole colony is red and starting to turn into a rainbow colony but the head is completely green. very interesting. this is the colony im talking about by the way
030-3.jpg

anyways thats all i have going on right now

went on a bit of a spending spree last week, on top of the new skimmer and light fixture i got some new fish. forgive the blurry-ness, they were taken in a hurry
picasso grade A pair
003-20.jpg

and a chevron tang
002-22.jpg

also got a blue spot to replace the one that died while i was away for thanksgiving but he has yet to be seen since adding him, hopefully he doesnt burrow facing the back

i know i know, but i couldnt resist, plus with the bioload my tank used to have im sure the tank can handle it. plus im running a carbon based system so any nitrate that comes form this addition will be taken out soon

yeah the colors on this thing are awesome, bright birght orange with black lines and then the back of the top fin when its flared is dark blue to a purple. awesome colors on one fish

well i found the remains of my blue spot jawfish who decided that impregnating a surface to air missile last night while i was asleep would be a good idea

More rocks would be benificial. If you dont like all that green algae on those rocks, you can put them in the sun and all that algae will go away. I dont think that is a bad way to go, i mean thats what my Dad did, i dont know if its bad or not. If it his let me know! Tank looks great its a good start!

Back