dwarf angel

mikefight101

Reefing newb
I am currently in the process of upgrading my tank to a 20 gallon long and i really want to get a dwarf angel and i want to know if they are reef safe and if they will get along with my 2 clows (false percs) and a mandarin dragonett as well as with my cuc and shrimp.

Most dwarfs are hit and miss with reefs. I picked up a couple frags from a guy today and he had a Coral Beauty with corals and no problems, but some others have issues with them picking. As far as compatability with your fish, they should be fine.

At that small you are going to have SUPER hard time getting them to survive. They require lots and lots of feedings and dont usually adapt to tank life.

And a 20 is too small, plus you already have more fish in your 10 gal than you should have in a 10 gal.

My Dwarf doesnt bother a soul and is very active, But never stops looking for food, you can see it picking off the rocks all day in between feedings..

+2. A 20 is too small for dwarf angels. I have a Cherub Angel (smallest of all the dwarf angels) in my 36 and it is a very active fish. None of my 3 dwarf angels (Coral Beauty, Flame, Cherub) bother corals.

I never understood why they needed bigger tanks until I got one, they sure cover a lot of territory FAST. My tank is 4 feet long and my flame angel goes from one side to the other so quick and it almost seems too small for him in there. So, I can't picture one in a 20.

Two clowns, a mandarin and a dwarf angel in a 20 is a recipie for problems. In a 20 gallon tank, you're really limited to 1-2 fish, and there isn't any dwarf angel that will do well long term in a tank that small

With three fish, you're already past your stocking limit

Back