dwarf lionfish

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
ok so of course everytime i see a SW tank most of the time it has a lionfish in it and i must admit thats what always caught my eye and basically got me on the SW road

but i dont want it eating quite everyone thats in my tank would a dwarf lionfish be ok i read they are coral safe yet not reef safe ????still confuses me (if someone could explain AGAIN i would appreciate it:frustrat:)

so as of now i want a lunnar wrasse cause of the colors and a dwarf lion cause well its a lion

im kinnda so so on the scopas tang

and maybe a snowflake or dragon eel

They will eat shrimp and anything smaller than 3/4 their body size. They wont necessarily eat coral, but they will eat your cleaner crew, and any other fish smaller than them. I started saltwater because I loved lion fish and wanted one, but then realized a nice reef is cooler IMO.

you can get a bigger than dwarf lionfish in your tank, if you are not into shrimp (lionfish will devour them). Antennata lionfish are beautiful and will fit in your tank nicely. You could go with a fuzzy dwarf (fu-manchu is another name), but it will get lost in your rock and they stay hidden all the time.

Lionfish will not touch corals but will eat shrimp and any small tankmates that will fit in their mouths

-Doc

No offense JCE but you need to make a plan for your system and stick with it. If the lionfish is a must have for you by all means buy one but do some research on them and what kind of tankmates they can be kept with. I could do it for you but I wont its best for you to work out the logistics for yourself. Seems be more of a learning experience for your, Im not being shitty either just telling it like it is.

A snowflake will work.But you'll have to make sure you got a lid on your tank and forget about a clean up crew.
A dragon eel,Nope,not in a 75.They get to big and to aggressive.
But a lionfish will work,you just cant keep anything smaller than the lion.

if you are dead-set on an eel, you need a lid for sure or it will be crusty on your floor. Check out a white-eyed moray eel. they stay pretty small and are not super aggressive. It sounds like you need to make up your mind before adding your livestock. Once an eel goes in, it doesn't come out easily - like at all!

-Doc

You know both eels and lionfish can cohabitate perfectly with corals, clams, sponges, gorgonians etc. I would say those are good enough to be called a reef.

Back