Dwarf Sea horse tank

yes, however these guys are one of the most difficult fish to keep because they only eat live foods. Very few people can keep them alive longer than 2 months. I highly suggest you continue to research them before you commit.

yes, however these guys are one of the most difficult fish to keep because they only eat live foods. Very few people can keep them alive longer than 2 months. I highly suggest you continue to research them before you commit.

Thank you for your concern...I have actually had them before. I own 2 brine hatheries and plenty of nauplii for them....The only thing I dont have is a small enough sponge filter since I threw my last one away....but truth be told, I hated using a sponge filter since it isnt true filtration.....but I have been told by many that any kind of filtration would suck them up......since they are so small and cannot swim against any current(I agree on this point), but I am still hoping that perhaps someone has another method of filtration for these guys....Thank you for your quick reply.....

+1 Smitty

you could get a small HOB filter, fill it with rubble and cheato and it would work great for filtration and water movement. Just be sure to cover the intake with a thick layer of cheato or a sponge.

The live rock will be your main, and best source of filtration

+1 Smitty

you could get a small HOB filter, fill it with rubble and cheato and it would work great for filtration and water movement. Just be sure to cover the intake with a thick layer of cheato or a sponge.

The live rock will be your main, and best source of filtration

Yea...thats kind of how a friend of mine did it but a few of his sea horses still got pulled in even with a thick layer of sponge/filter floss covering the intake....

Back