Dying Brain??

Smitty

Reef pro
Hey guys, my lobo brain coral looks like it may be dying...A few weeks ago it started bleaching, I then noticed the flesh to be very loose, like jello...I did some researching and discovered the strings on it was toxic mucus from one of my soft corals...Is it too late to save the coral, or is it a gonner? I've since moved it away from any other soft corals, and there are a few heads on it that hasn't started to bleach or lose tissue.
When I fist got it...

And now...

Oh wow, it looks pretty skeletal at this point. If there's any chance to save it, I'd advise doing a coral dip (with iodine or any of the other coral dip solutions sold at your LFS) and just hoping it can come back. Even if there's a little bit of flesh on it left, there's a chance that it could come back, so it's worth a shot (although it will be a long, slow recovery).

Just a update, took it to the lfs, they did a iodine bath for me, and no change, all the heads have pretty much lost its tissue, and the crabs seem to stay on it throughout the day...it still has a little color to it so I'll just leave it in to see what it does...If it dies, then it will just be decoration for the tank.

Back