Dying Clownfish

TyDu0043

Reefing newb
Hello, I have two tanks one 75 F/O that's been running for about a year and one 55 Gallon Reef that's been up for about 3 months. I have tried several times over the last year to keep ocellaris clownfish in my F/O tank and have had no luck at all, the longest I got out of one was 1 month. So I tried getting one in my reef tank just recently and that lasted about three days. What am I doing wrong? My water tests fine, I do regular water changes of about 15%-20% and for the most part all other species of fish do perfectly fine. I also always drip acclimate. Any help or thoughts would be great!

Thanks!

The clownfish in my 75 gallon have all come from different stores or websites such as; Petco, local pet stores and bluezooaquatics.com. In the tank I have a yellow tang, two Sargent majors (which don't really show any aggression ) a diamond goby, and various hermit crabs. The reef tank has a melanarus wrasse, various corals, a handful of Chromis', and two damsels which are still young so they have not become aggressive at all. Most of the fish came from my local pet store and the clowns came from saltwaterfish.com, they were eating and showed no signs of bad health for the duration I had them.

I would put my money on aggression. Sargent majors are just mean and clowns and chromis are damsels also, so if the rest of your fish are doing fine then it has to be territorial.

Back