Dying fish!!

bkc824

Reefing newb
angel fish and naso tang died!! (so upset) && my water is "normal"

the angel died from ich and im not sure about the Naso...he was turning red...

Ive been fighting ich forever now and im sick of it

Reaha is right.

What are your parameters?

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate

What size tank?
How many and what kind of fish?

Are they acting weird other than the ich?
Breathing heavy?

You will never be rid of ich unless you leave your tank empty for a few months. :frustrat: sorry that is the only way to get rid of ich parisite. how did you introduce your fish to the tank, drip acclimate or float the bag. Also how long have you had them and how were they at the fish store.

man i hate to hear about angels and tangs dying...
if your sig is right though(90 gallon) neither of those fish should be in there...unless its a dwarf angel....but naso's get big
keep in mind ,all params can be fine and you can still get ich...mainly because the fish are stressed

Last edited:
90 gallon
naso tang
coral beauty
damsel 3 blue
foxface
2 gobies
pistol shrimp
&hippo tang

ill have the numbers up in a few

Any chance they are being bullied by the three blue damsels? Those fish are usually very aggressive. If the fish are being bullied and stressed by the damsels, that can lead to disease outbreaks.

Still havent heard your water parameters.
"Normal" doesnt help us figure out what is going on.

But from your list of fish, I would bet that you are a bit overstocked. Which causes stress on the fish and also makes it hard to keep nitrates down. Eventhough nitrates arent as poisonous as ammonia and nitrite, if it is too high, it causes stress in the fish which lowers their immune system.

Back