Dying fish!!

Considering that one of the fish you have grows to 18" and another 12" then yes I'd say you are overstocked, and have fish that really need a bigger tank. That is most likely the cause of your fish getting ich.

its actually not alot but ok.

Its not a lot of fish for a 90 by numbers of fish,but it is a lot in terms of the room these fish need ...if it were 7, 2 inch and under fish then ok,but like Brian stated the fish you have don't stay 2 inches...good luck to you.....

/rant

I'm getting tired of reading threads where people ask for help, and dont give any details about thier system and just say "OMG FISH SICK PLZ HLP FAST"

Then we reply back asking for water parameters and all we get is 'Water is fine', we point out what we can (in this situation, the tank is overstocked) and the person aksing for help blows us off.

Don't come asking for help if you aren't willing to hear the answers given

/end rant

+1 to everyone trying to help someone that doenst really want to be helped

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

I can't say that enough. We're here, or you guys are because I don't know much myself, and when people ask for help, you guys tell them what could be the matter or what could be the problem or cause, and these people are like "blah blah blah" ignoring the information.

kk northstar24...if you dont like it, dont comment. dont comment my post if you have a prob with it. i never asked for YOU to comment. if it bothers you 2 that bad...

PH: 8.2
ALKALINITY:9
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:1.0
Phosphate:0.7

like i said.... normal.

Last edited:
And also my fish are fine. not overstocked.. i think i would realize that. & now that 3 of them died.. im gonna get 7 more :D (joke.)

kk northstar24...if you dont like it, dont comment. dont comment my post if you have a prob with it. i never asked for YOU to comment. if it bothers you 2 that bad...

PH: 8.2
ALKALINITY:9
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:1.0
Phosphate:0.7

like i said.... normal.

Thank you for posting the parameters. I dont know how many times people post that they are having problems and say they are "fine" or "normal" and when they do post them, the Trites as .5 and the Trates are well over 100. It is just something to rule out.

As for your stocking, I still believe that you are over stocked just based on the nuber and type of fish you listed. It is definantly something that should be looked into and not just blown off. You posted on an open forum asking for help and advice. So you were asking for peoples oppinions. Wether you like what you hear or not, you are going to hear them.

And also my fish are fine. not overstocked.. i think i would realize that. & now that 3 of them died..

This might be the funniest post I've ever read...

In a nutshell, this is what you just said. "My fish are dying, but they're fine"..

It sounds like you've got everything under control. If the fish are fine, why did you post?

kk bud. stalk me a little more . & i think after 3 died. im ok.
& wtf r u saying. too bad i never said my fish are fine u dumb shit. i clearly said that my water is fine.

And also my fish are fine. not overstocked.. i think i would realize that. & now that 3 of them died.. im gonna get 7 more :D (joke.)

kk bud. stalk me a little more . & i think after 3 died. im ok.
& wtf r u saying. too bad i never said my fish are fine u dumb shit. i clearly said that my water is fine.

:shock:

You are coming here for advice, we are trying to help, no need to call names and be rude. So far every bit of advice we have given you have blown off.

no one helped me except for little_fish
everyone else is bitching for the water parameters & even after that.. no advice.

so i didnt blow off shit. except for you.. get off my link.

no one helped me except for little_fish
everyone else is bitching for the water parameters & even after that.. no advice.

so i didnt blow off shit. except for you.. get off my link.

You really need to chill out buddy. Everyone was ASKING for water parameters because they are KEY to trying to figure out what is wrong.

Even if your fish arent being agressive to each other, it doesnt mean that they arent stressed from over crowding. Stess caused the outbreak because when creatures are stressed, their immune system is weakened.

You asked two months ago if you should get rid of some fish, many people advised you that two tangs werent going to do well in your tank. And they didnt. So now you are wondering why? I guess I just dont understand it.

OMG my computer is freaking out today!!

You asked for advice. You got it, and it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

You said your fish were dying with spots. That's a huge indication of stress. One of the biggest causes of stress is overcrowding, which we warned you about months ago, when you posted asking if you had too many fish. You ignored the advice then, were proven wrong, your fish died, and now you are mad about it. Whose fault is that?

You clearly said your fish are "fine", but you also posted because they are all dying. It's up to you if you want to take or leave advice, but don't act like a jerk when you don't like what you hear.

These people on here are so very helpful. And yes, sometimes their advice is not what we want to hear. I've been there. But, it is good advice. You should take it. This is not a cheap hobby. Since you like having more fish, maybe you could look into upgrading to a bigger tank. Saltwater fish need more swimming room than freshwater fish. A happy fish is a healthy fish :)

Just to let you all know... i spoke to my LFS owner when i was new to this saltwater thing and he suggested all the fish... so maybe they are getting stressed because there "over crouded" but idk. sorry for bugging out .. it really isnt what i wanted to hear i guess but since most of you agree that its over stocked.. i just ordered an 850 gallon tank today :D hope thats big enough!

Just to let you all know... i spoke to my LFS owner when i was new to this saltwater thing and he suggested all the fish... so maybe they are getting stressed because there "over crouded" but idk. sorry for bugging out .. it really isnt what i wanted to hear i guess but since most of you agree that its over stocked.. i just ordered an 850 gallon tank today :D hope thats big enough!

I know it's not what you wanted to hear ... but, there's something that I'm sure you'll understand, all of us here are only trying to support each other in this hobby as well as promote responsible practices while reef keeping. Unfortunately, 90% of the LFSs out there are more concerned with getting your money then the responsibility that comes with owning and caring for live animals.

We are not here to sell you fish or coral so when you lfs says you can put all those fish in there it is because they know you will be back to spend some money. :Cheers:

Back