EagleEyes' Fitty Build

EagleEyes

AFT Club Quality Analyst
Hey everyone! Ive been absent it seems for a while now but you know ill always be back! Hey Mikey! I gotta build thread!

Ok so Ill have pictures of the tank itself on Saturday. Heres what ill be getting soon:

A stand capable of holding a tank thats (i think) 48in long by 20in tall by 12in from front to back. The sump tank will be like 30X12X12 and itll go underneath.

I got a pair of grabbers and a siphon since i was borrowing one before. I think ill be getting one or two of those Koralia's, probably one, for flow.

I also need a light. Thats what ill be getting sometime around christmas i think, although dont be surprised if the date changes. I dont hold two or three jobs here.

Here's what I want to do:
What I want to do, is something like the foam that you hear about on the back of the tank, but NO foam. Real. Im in the process of figuring that one out. It might be a logistical nightmare. Im optimistic.

Addtn'l stuff:
Its gotta be quiet, because i sleep in the same room. Ive got a lot of that figured out, but im gonna get a book to write all this down in so im not so confusing.

Biff Suggested i get a Gem tang. Id be afraid of killing it though at $3,500. Also the suggested tank size is 150, and ive only got a poor little 50 galloner.

"Fitty"? You are such a dork :)

I think a gem tang would make a perfect tank cycler. Definitely better than a damsel.

Did you find a stand yet? I still have my old one, in case you want it! I'll even give it to you for free!

How are you going to pull the non-foam foam back off? Glue gun and pebbles? You could just spray paint the back of the tank black, like I did with mine.

Good luck! Give me a call if you need help with anything.

PS -- Rob at SWSW will foam your tank for you if you ask nicely :). And you should start coming to the frag swaps. We meet one Sunday every month at Thunder Canyon Brewery up at the Foothills. We get our own room, beer, food, corals, how can you beat that? They usually last around three hours and a good time is held by all! The last one was on Sunday, and I took home six frags for a grand total of $38. Woo hoo! Plus, you can network, I already have two people who said they'd give me stuff from their tanks for free that they didn't want anymore. A huge mushroom rock with metallic blues and a green nepthia. Sweet!

Okay, back to my studying -- I have my last midterm tomorrow! Freakin astrophysics blah blah blah. For real. I'm feeling really out of it now, I've been staring at these notes and books for soooo long now, I think I'm going crazy.

Staring? oh i know how that feels. Like your not even absorbing anything..

I want real rocks on the back. I like the foam, but the idea of having foam in there is not my kinda thing. Ill find a way. Itll probably end up being a huge plate coral skeleton or something cool that i can put stuff onto. Ill THINK about the foam in the meantime. What sunday is it this month? already past? Id love to go.

It was last Sunday -- as in four days ago :(. Next time. I'll let you know when the next one comes up.

Yeah, staring. Eyes totally glazed over...

the absence of pictures in this thread is really dissatisfying. let me know when there are pics to look at and ill come back :)

lol Saturday redline Sa-turd-ay.

Hey how can i get the unhappy face off the thread? that red face, thats not where i meant it to be.. also since biff APPARENTLY thinks im a dork for calling it a "fitty" build, can i edit that too?

A tank showcase thread and no pics to start it off with.I just wasted 30 seconds of my life.

yessss!!!!!!!! :bowdown: :mrgreen:

loser.jpg

bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs

Back