"Easy" coral frag packs

ccCapt

Reef Hacker
I'm starting to accumulate a little too many frags. I just want to see if there is any interest for now. I never shipped corals before and I know shipping is a killer, so I figure frag packs might make it worth it. I'm guessing about $35 for Next Day shipping.
Here's what I want to get rid of.

Green a.millepora frag (originally from Sanjay) fully encrusted to about a 3"x3" piece of rubble with multiple actively growing tips - $25
Mike Accardi blue tip stag. Frag is about a 2.5"+ piece I accidentally fragged mounted to a piece of rubble - $25 (I don't know if this would make it thru shipping and still be in 1 piece)
The millie is on the far left and the stag on the far right. In the center is the piece I broke the stag from.
top-accardi_4-09.jpg

Small (about 1") frag of a.sarmentosa (originally from V.P. of NCPARS) fully encrusted to a piece of rubble. The "mother" colony is on the bottom left of the top pic. You can barely see the frag on the far left - $5

Elkhorn monti (m.hirisuta) frags mounted to rubble. 2 are about 2"+ and 1 is shorter but more encrusted and more branches (center frag) - $10 (These are very thin branches and might not make it in 1 piece)
swap-elkhorn_3-09.jpg

Small (about 1") green a.millepora (originally from Pres. of NCPARS) fully encrusted to a frag plug. - $5

Pink zoa frags (2 available). About 10 polyps mounted to a small piece of rubble - $10
Orange m.digitata frag about 2.5" fully encrusted to a piece of rubble - $10
monti-dig_4-09.jpg

Encrusting monti, either m.undata or m.confusa but too small to tell yet. Fully encrusted over a frag plug. - $15
encrusting-monti_4-09.jpg

I also have a few frags of my tan monti cap. They are about 2" square - $5

Included will be a free frag of anthelia with at least 15 polyps. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RFD
Dang capt. I just bought 3 new corals and am picking up 3-5 more frags from a friend this week. I can't do it right now but I will if you offer this again or if no one else snaches them up.
Good prices!
Anyone reading this should go through Capts build thread and check out the quality of his corals and setup.

Thanks guys. I think the corals are priced very fair. I'm not out to make any huge profits ;)

Take the Mike Accardi stag off the list. Sold it to a local for the frag swap.

We have a UPS corporate account at my office. I highly doubt shipping would be more than $35. And if someone bought $40 in coral plus the $35 shipping, even if the shipping ended up being $40, I would still make $35. :)

Would you consider selling some to a Rangers fan? My tank is in the second week of cycle and I am looking for some well established items to get started. Do you thing this would be a good fit for a small new trank?

SPS corals need to be in a well established tank, upwards of 8 months running, i dont think its a good fit for you tank, plus your tank is a biocube which doesnt have anywhere near strong enough lighting to keep them alive

Can you suggest what might be a good starter item and do I NEED A CLEANER KIT FOR A TANK THIS SMALL. Sorry caps were on, A few shrimp and snails maybe

clean up crews are always good, and for easier corals id suggest mushrooms, xenia, ricordia, and zoanthids. but for anymore question you have you should start your own thread to get more answers

As Dustin said, give your system some time to mature. When your ready, I do have some corals that would work for you. ;)

let the tank get stable brfore you add a shrimp. they are pretty sensitive. and as for corals what is your light the tank came with? i am going to guess here but i think you are going to be stuck with zoas and other softies unless you rip the lid off and get better lights.

go to the sub forum that best applies to the question you have and hit the new thread button, give your thread a subject and type your message. i dont get why your asking that question though since you have already created some threads

Back