Ebay sun coral i won for $16.42

DSCF2901.jpg

DSCF2903.jpg
DSCF2906.jpg

So i have heard....but ive also read and the guy i bought it from, i spoke to him about it too. He told me that he keeps his under the light and in high flow. So far they seem to like it because they come out more than just once at night. I just fed them and its still 2 hours before the lights even go off. What are some signs that the coral is doing bad that i should keep an eye out for?

So i have heard....but ive also read and the guy i bought it from, i spoke to him about it too. He told me that he keeps his under the light and in high flow. So far they seem to like it because they come out more than just once at night. I just fed them and its still 2 hours before the lights even go off. What are some signs that the coral is doing bad that i should keep an eye out for?
Do you have the same lights that he has..:shock:

HAHAH no flippin way he had metal halide's and i have like 3.9 wpg....i will eventually upgrade but im quite satisfied with what i do have.

This is what it should look like when it's opened. If it does not look like this a couple times a day, move it to a darker spot. The sun corals I have seen kept in the light just don't open like this. Hardly ever. Or at all. The one that I just rescued was dying off because it never opened, and he kept it at the top of his tank under his MH. I put it in a cave in my tank, and it looks great.

355318523_7c4e211b67_m.jpg

Well its on a tiny rock on the substrate slightly shaded....im a lil worried about my HUGE turbo snail thats like 7 years old that runs over everything and knocks everything around, going on it... *shakes fist*

I'm seriously thinking about adding a sun coral this next week.Unless of course I happen to find something else I like better.:D

I'm seriously thinking about adding a sun coral this next week.Unless of course I happen to find something else I like better.:D

Do it, Yote! I have three of them now! Two yellows, and one black. I'm hoping to pick up an orange one at some point, but the orange ones are hard to find! They are so pretty and so EASY!

Do it, Yote! I have three of them now! Two yellows, and one black. I'm hoping to pick up an orange one at some point, but the orange ones are hard to find! They are so pretty and so EASY!

We have an orange at Bermuda that has probably 10 or 15 heads on it.Its priced something like 80 bucks.

get the orange one to tease biff :D you know you want to yote XD

nice addition though. they do look good.

I would love to try an elegance coral.....someday, someday. Dana.....lovely addition, and at a steal of a price I see! Keep us posted on it's acclimation.

There is a sun coral at my LFS $50 8-10 heads I really want it. But I just bought some frog spawn and a Coco worm and 2 feather dusters from the lfs thats going out of biz.

Back