EcoTech Radion Schedule

Kizmar

#derpface
If you have Radions I'd love to know the schedule you're using.

My tank is 24" high and my Radions are mounted about 7" above the water. I'm trying to figure out what intensity I should have in the middle of the schedule, and how long I should keep that intensity (or some varying intensity during the peak window).

All of my soft corals are doing great, but my SPS seem unhappy lately and I'm not sure why. Water parameters haven't changed in a long time.

Is there a way to tell if your SPS are getting too much light vs. not enough light?

I started to raise the intensity at the midday point a little bit.

Did you do that by raising the overall intensity, or changing the color temp?

I haven't quite figured out if 12k at 80% has the same intensity as say 18k at 80%. I like the blues you get from 18 & 20k, but the graph makes it look like the intensity is quite a bit lower.

I think the intensity scale was already at 100% so I had to raise the color channel percentages. If I remember correctly.

This is one thing i hate about ESL... you can't open it up and see your graph (or make changes to it) without being connected to your lights. Which I am not.

Yeah I have to plug my laptop in every time I want to mess with stuff.

I watched some EcoTech videos and have a little more understanding of the lights. 12k at 100% is max intensity, period. I think my overall intensity was quite a bit lower than I had before switching to the cloud app. I cranked up the plateau and set a one week acclimation so it doesn't shock anything. That acclimation feature is killer.

i use the tropical preset in the esl, and mt tank is 21" deep, but i also use a aqueon LED with a daylight buld and colour max bulb, hav'nt had issues with it

I refuse to use ESL until I know there are no more issues with it. I am using a modified version of Jonathons graph on my 120. My intensity is at 70% all day. I tweeked it to mimic what my T5/MH combo looked like through out the day,

I refuse to use ESL until I know there are no more issues with it. I am using a modified version of Jonathons graph on my 120. My intensity is at 70% all day. I tweeked it to mimic what my T5/MH combo looked like through out the day,

Would you be willing to link your schedule file? I donno if you can do that right on the forum here.

I haven't had any issues with ESL either. I just need to figure out what intensity my corals want and for how many hours a day. I'll continue to use ESL to tweak and figure that out.

Yeah, just watching all the folks on RC bitching and whining about it. I know it is in it's infancy, which is why I decided to wait until all the bugs are worked out before I switch over is all. Same reason why I would not buy any new model vehicle.

You'll probably have to rename the file extension to something like ".zip" or ".png" so it will let you attach it with the paper clip. Just remember what the extension was (so you can mention it) cause it may differ depending on how you exported it.

Back