EcoTech Radion Users

ZyberGoby

Because I'm clever
is any one on here getting this message when they try to access the EcoSmart Live?

null-29.jpg

If so were you able to fix the issue? I've tryied all my computers I've tryed resetting and nodda.... I really hope I dont have to contact EcoTech on this because I'm starting to get pissed off. Well the light is now on manual and I have it all the way down till I can fix this.

For how long have you been getting that?
Possible they were having an issue with their servers?
I logged in yesterday morning and made changes no problem.

edit: I see it now. Yep, must be a server issue.

Almost 2 days bro I'm getting rather upset to the point of "HULK Smash" lol it stopped before I could finish my reprograming I have it off today because I can't get it to dim. There support said to reset to defaults I did they said unplug everything and I did nodda ugh.... thinking I may have to call there line

The Radion
Great customer service
Great customization
Great possibilities of lights and pumps if they get their act together with the control
software

Poor consistency in workmanship
Lousy software

The software is great... when it works. :)
There's definitely advantages and disadvantages to web based software.
But remember, technically it's still in BETA. Stamped right across the top.
If you don't want to mess with beta software, use the old PC software. Still works just fine.

Honestly, it works just fine for me at least 90% of the time. 100% of the time recently.

Almost 2 days bro I'm getting rather upset to the point of "HULK Smash" lol it stopped before I could finish my reprograming I have it off today because I can't get it to dim. There support said to reset to defaults I did they said unplug everything and I did nodda ugh.... thinking I may have to call there line

That does suck. Very frustrating!
This is the first time I've ever seen it down for maintenance. I've seen it get restarted or whatever before but not like this.
Kinda odd that no one is talking about it on their RC sponsor forum.

I know not even a hit on CDMAS... I'm vary much so in what the fuck mode... And all EcoTech said to me this morning was the site is down and there working on it. I'm just in aww of how long this had been... Ugh... I wish they would send out a service letter aswell. Even an app message of.

" Sorry for the inconvenience our system is down at the moment please be patient while we Conduct Maintenance on our system."

But that's in a perfect world.

Cool. I prefer to use ecosmart live but in case of emergency it's always nice to know the pc software is there. :)

That does suck. Very frustrating!
This is the first time I've ever seen it down for maintenance. I've seen it get restarted or whatever before but not like this.
Kinda odd that no one is talking about it on their RC sponsor forum.

If you bring up anything negative on RC about the Radion you will get slapped down by the fanboys/girls like Eastamherstbias.

A lot of people are overly negative.
Lots of complaints over Ecosmart Live when it's been said time and time again that it's beta software and you use it at your own risk. I've been using the radions since they themselves were beta units and the only software available was the pc software.

i'm in the same situation Dennis, but the beta won't ever get to production without people telling them the problems they are having. I love my light, but I wish the software was more stable. If you notice, I also said some positive things in my post.

The software is great... when it works. :)
There's definitely advantages and disadvantages to web based software.
But remember, technically it's still in BETA. Stamped right across the top.
If you don't want to mess with beta software, use the old PC software. Still works just fine.

Honestly, it works just fine for me at least 90% of the time. 100% of the time recently.

This is why I have not switched over yet. I am still using the original software.

i'm in the same situation Dennis, but the beta won't ever get to production without people telling them the problems they are having. I love my light, but I wish the software was more stable. If you notice, I also said some positive things in my post.

Yes, I too wish it was completely stable and a final release. I'm just saying that many people over there over react. You can report your problems directly to ecotech from the software. This is exactly why they released it in Beta form, so beta testers can use it and report back with any issues, suggestions, etc. But some people obviously don't have a clue as to what "beta" means and when they run into a problem, they immediately go to the forum and start ranting and raving. Instead, a simple phone call to ecotech support will get you fixed right up. They can even remotely log into your computer. And again, if this isn't your cup of tea, follow fastrd400's lead and stick with the pc software for now. Or at least have it on hand. But personally I've had zero issues in the past 6 months or so. Even upgraded to the pro's a few weeks ago, 1..2..3. Recently i've been making all my programming changes online without being hooked up via usb. Then when i feel like dragging my laptop over to the tank, all i have to do is plug in, log in and click "yes" when the dialog pops up that asks me if i want to program my lights to match the changes i made online. Takes literally about 2 mins. :) Well, except for this weekend obviously. lol

It was invite in the beginning, then they opened it up to the public. But there is still a huge BETA stamp at the top.

Back