Ecoxotic Panoramam LED Modules

tattooedsoul87

Reefing newb
I was woundering if 4 Ecoxotic Panorama 12W LED Modules in my 60 gallon (48x16x17") tank, would be enough to support my sps corals that I keep in the higher part of my tank. thanks​

one of the local fish stores around me is completely lit with these, including their huge sps tank, so I know they are capable, I just donk know how may I would need

I'd ask yer lfs then. To me it doesn't sound rational. Why not buy a real led fixture? Not just supplemental strips...idk jus my opinion.

these arent the supplemental strips. the Stunners made by the same company are. these are the strips that they put into their Panoramam LED fixture. but instead of buying the whole fixture, you can just buy the strips individually

Cmon I know what they are. I've been in this ame for a while and looked at LEDs for a while. They are supposed to be used like a sps powerbar. U really shouldn't use them for a whole tank or why would they make their big fixtures. Not gunna argue. Idk do whatever u want jus saying that's a supplemental light used to compliment ther lighting....say what u want.

Dana, the Panorama fixtures are meant to light tanks, I looked into them before buying the LED's.

To the OP, you should be able to look up the number of modules for your tank on the Ecoxotic website. They dont run optics on the units, so you're depth penetration is going to be limited, and you'll need to put some thought into your coral placement

I assume you're talking about the following:
http://www.ecoxotic.com/products/panorama-led-lighting/panorama-led-fixtures.html

You could spend $1200 on two of the 23.5" Panorma units, or spend a little less and get two AI units. The AI units are hands down way way way better than the Ecoxotic units

Two AI units will be more than enough to light your tank, and you wouldnt even be able to run them at full power

If you're talking about the 12W stunner strips, you'll need way more than 4 of them to light your tank if you want to do anything other than put light in the tank for human viewing of the contents (ie - you wont be able to keep / grow coral)

Last edited:
From my interprtation he was referring to the lil strip led lights not the actual fixture. Cmon now of corse the big fixture is good for a reef....he was talking about using multiple strip lights not the fixture.

Yep, I misread the post and edited my reply accordingly. Even with the actual fixture, you'll have a hard time with an 18 inch deep tank

Back