Eggs or Parasites???

rees83usaf

Reefing newb
Well, I thought I posted this once already, but I guess not... If so, just ignore or let me know and I can delete this one...

I was cleaning my aquarium today and I noticed a couple patches of what look like eggs attached to the glass of my aquarium. They are small clear bubble shaped cases with approx 3-6 tiny white specs in them. The number of specs inside the half bubble shaped capsules varies from case to case. I am curious as to what might have planted these here and whether I should get rid of them or see what comes of them...

The fish I have in my aquarium are:
Couple of Green Chromis
Yellow Tang
Peppermint Shrimp
Bubble Starfish
Several Serpent Starfish

I tried to take a picture, but my camera will not focus in on the bubble clusters. All in all, there are about 13 bubbles per cluster and I would say a cluster is about the size of a nickel. Any thoughts?

Rees

Yeah, they look like eggs to me... my only problem is whats is in them... I considered taking them out of the aquarium and putting them in a plastic bin, but I dont know if removing them will affect the growth and all that... Hmm... And if it is eggs, what can reproduce asexually? I know the shrimp can, but her/his eggs are green and you can always tell when it is prego... Hmm... Thanks though for the reply!

Back