eh seaclone 100

adampw

Reefing newb
So I got my SeaClone 100 today. I ordered it before finding all the threads about how horrible they are. The one I have is the "new and improved" version. Anyways I have had it installed for about an hour. The directions are not very clear on how to set the air flow. I saw a thread saying to let very little if any bubbles through the intake tube. Is this what I should be doing? I plan on buying another skimmer but I need to make this work for now since my tank is about halfway through its cycle. Thanks :)

Thats what I thought. I actually opened the air flow up to allow more bubbles in the reaction chamber. How long does it usually take b 4 you start seeing foam?

maybe this will help...close the air valve until you see no bubbles in the utube..then open it all the way up..now slowly close the air valve until the utube fully fills with bubbles/water at the top portion

Dont feel too bad, alot of beginers make this mistake. I am one of them. There are mods to make it work better, here is the link for the mods.

SeaClone Modifications

I hope this helps you. Good luck and keep us posted.

It seems to be working now :) The green material is watery though. I have read it is suppose to be more thick; like sludge?

Back